Japan Video Games Blog

TO THOSE WHO DON'T WANT THEIR WORK PROMOTED

Hey guys and gals! We FIND and PROMOTE people's work, we never take credit for things we haven't written, we just love sharing the things that are interesting, but if you don't want your work or pictures shown, please let me know and I'll take it off, we're not trying to harm any one here or infringe on anyone's copyrights, just late night entertainment for my friends and I after a long days of work.

We're not making money off the site, nor are we publishing anything to other places through feedburner claiming that it's our work, just a hobby of finding cool things around the internet, that's all. Sometimes we copy and paste too quickly and a link giving you credit doesn't appear, if that's the case and you DO want your work promoted, we will add in the backlink, we would love to give credit where credit is due!

Please contact me or drop a comment on any posts you guys don't want up and I'll take it off within 24 hours, thanks!

Sunday, March 1, 2009

We are not Martha: Reese's Pieces Peanut Buttery Brownies

By now you probably know that I'm extremely obsessive about peanut butter. I almost took a picture of my kitchen cabinet to show you how serious my obsession is, but then I worried someone would have me committed. Yes, I've heard about all the horrible salmonella cases, but I just can't give peanut butter up (and it's all on sale at the grocery store too!). I just make sure I'm careful not to eat anything on the recall list, but otherwise, I don't find it necessary to give up my joy in life (fine, it's not my only joy in life, but it is a big one).

Anyway, it's pretty hard to give up peanut butter when people keep posting peanut butter recipes all over the Internet. Sara posted a recipe from The Life and Times of Grumpy's Honeybunch for "Da Bombe Brownies Peanut Butter Style" and I was so in love, I made them the next day. I re-named them to:

Reese's Pieces Peanut Buttery Brownies:

  • 1 1/2 C mini peanut butter cups, chopped (I would use more next time though)
  • 1 C butter, melted (2 sticks)
  • 3 C sugar
  • 1.5 T vanilla extract
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 1/2 C all-purpose flour
  • 1 C unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1 t salt
  • 1/2 C Reese's pieces
First I chopped up all my mini peanut butter cups. The recipe called for 1 1/2 cups, but I will definitely use more next time. The brownies weren't quite peanut buttery enough for my likes. I might even throw a dash of real peanut butter into the batter just to make them even more delicious.

Combine the melted butter, sugar, and vanilla in a large bowl. One at a time, mix in your 4 eggs until fully combined.

Then in a separate bowl, whisk together your flour, cocoa powder, and salt.

Slowly pour the dry ingredients mixture into the wet mixture and mix until it's well combined. Then add in your peanut butter cups!

Pour the mixture into a greased 9x13 baking dish.

Then pour your Reese's Pieces over the top. The recipe called for mini Reese's Pieces, but I couldn't find them (and didn't even know they existed...I guess they're probably like mini M&Ms?), so I just used the regular size.

Bake at 350 degrees for about 35 minutes.

And then dig in! Make sure you don't bake the brownies too long as it's easy for them to get dry (they're super thick). That's another reason I think the addition of some creamy peanut butter is an amazing idea.

If you feel sick after eating these...I'm going to take a guess and say it's because you ate way too many of them and that it doesn't have anything to do with salmonella. But it's OK; I don't blame you for eating the whole batch of them. They're that good.

We are not Martha: Reese's Pieces Peanut Buttery Brownies

No comments:

Marc and Angel Hack Life

Self Improvement

Personal Development with The Positivity Blog

HowStuffWorks: Health Daily RSS Feed

PickTheBrain | Smarter Self Improvement

I will change your life . com