Japan Video Games Blog

TO THOSE WHO DON'T WANT THEIR WORK PROMOTED

Hey guys and gals! We FIND and PROMOTE people's work, we never take credit for things we haven't written, we just love sharing the things that are interesting, but if you don't want your work or pictures shown, please let me know and I'll take it off, we're not trying to harm any one here or infringe on anyone's copyrights, just late night entertainment for my friends and I after a long days of work.

We're not making money off the site, nor are we publishing anything to other places through feedburner claiming that it's our work, just a hobby of finding cool things around the internet, that's all. Sometimes we copy and paste too quickly and a link giving you credit doesn't appear, if that's the case and you DO want your work promoted, we will add in the backlink, we would love to give credit where credit is due!

Please contact me or drop a comment on any posts you guys don't want up and I'll take it off within 24 hours, thanks!

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Venezuela says "The Simpsons" bad for kids, "Baywatch" okay - ParentDish

Venezuela says "The Simpsons" bad for kids, "Baywatch" okay

If you had to choose between letting your child watch The Simpsons or Baywatch, would one would you pick? An informal survey of five of my friends shows that The Simpsons would be favored, mostly due to the lack of sex in the storylines. Bart may be a trouble maker, but at least he keeps his clothes on.

In Venezuela, parents of television-watching kids weren't really given a choice. Conatel, Venezuela's broadcasting regulator, yanked The Simpsons off the air because they feared that Bart, Homer and the rest of the gang might be a bad influence on the children. I can kind of see their point, but the fact that they filled that time slot with Baywatch Hawaii reruns has some people scratching their heads.

That the Venezuelan government would replace a silly, dysfunctional cartoon family with sexed up, bikini clad babes doesn't really surprise me. Years ago, my husband and I visited his hometown of Caracas, Venezuela and the second thing I noticed (after the extreme and obvious poverty) was the proliferation of sexy billboard advertising. Everywhere I looked, I saw larger than life pictures of scantily clad women in suggestive poses selling everything from accounting services to toothpaste.

Conatel isn't saying specifically what was so offensive about The Simpsons, but says that the National Telecommunications Commission had received complaints from viewers. The complaints prompted concerns that airing the animated show during the morning hours might violate national regulations prohibiting "messages that go against the whole education of boys, girls and adolescents." I guess they know what they are doing - so far, nobody has complained about swapping Bart for breasts.
Venezuela says "The Simpsons" bad for kids, "Baywatch" okay - ParentDish
Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments:

Marc and Angel Hack Life

Self Improvement

Personal Development with The Positivity Blog

HowStuffWorks: Health Daily RSS Feed

PickTheBrain | Smarter Self Improvement

I will change your life . com